Saturday, January 16, 2010

Transformed;

As of recent, i have noticed a quite drastic change in my mentality.
Yes i have not been as hyperactive and extroverted as the mid year, school based Claire that i was, And no i haven't been extra-ordinarily busy as i had found myself on many occasions in 09.
But that doesn't, on any account, mean that my mental state has diminished in any way.
Ironically, my mind has been running errands, and in itself, has definitely changed my way of thinking or my outlook on life...

Well, with my recent lack of exposure to my school friends/peers, and most of their commonly shared mentalities, I have seriously become the biggest movie buff of all time! :P
I was definitely into media and making movies before, but now, it seems i have become more of a movie critic and it's definitely given me more inspiration.
Thanks to the influence of great films I've recently watched such as; My Sister's Keeper, Avatar, King Kong and The Lovely Bones. :):)


These days, i look at things in a more imaginative way. I try to capture every opportunity I can to "ignite my creativity" and think up a storm. I have learned to consider every passing idea, every possibility of a story, that might one day in my hope be published. Perhaps as a book at first, and one day as a movie. Every film i watch is somehow being recorded in my mind as inspiration for future ideas, and somehow i have successfully trained myself to write down ANY ideas that come to mind, believing in the prospect that someday they could become a reality. Not just to me, but to the world. I have also been listing down any possible ideas for a breakthrough, a breakthrough that will raise people's awareness, and inform them that i do have something to offer to the world, and that i will take any chance i get to make it there. All i need now is some sort of starting point.

As you would already know, i am a big fan of literature, poetry, and just English altogether, but Media is my greatest love of all. This includes the film production process (the making of...), documentaries, journalism, photography and most of all just a really engaging, powerful movie. I am also into music, fashion and anything artistic. I realized that my love for literature and art sort of contradicts each other, but mix them together and bam you get films. That's just one of the reasons why I love it.



You see,
I believe that there is not a more powerfully engaging type of art form, than the art of film. Films capture the emotion, the atmosphere and the creativity of what is to be portrayed by cleverly manipulating your vision, your hearing, and the way in which you think, to whatever way the director pleases. This mixture is combined into one stunning result which is not just extremely engaging to the audience, but truly beautiful.


Movies are what i believe to be the greatest, most capturing way of conveying a moral or symbolizing an aspect of real life or imaginary, as well as the most complex, diverse, encompassing type of art form there is to mankind. With films creativity has no boundaries.
Once you master this ingenious mixture of emotions, creativity, and symbolization, portraying your moral above all as well as engaging the audience successfully throughout the entirety of the film, your job is done.



This is my definition of success. This explains my every reason of aspiring to be a movie director,
i guess you could call it my dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment