Thursday, January 7, 2010

2010...Withdrawal symptoms?

This is a little off the topic but i must get it off my mind.
Recently, (you could say my close friend), moved back to Germany after 6 months living in Australia. It's terribly ironic, and really sucks because just as we got really close and started to really connect with each other, he has to leave.
I didn't feel his absence first, but now it is really staring to dawn on me.
All the late night texts, the train trips to the city playing tap tap on iPod touch :), all the captured moments in photographs and all the warmth and protection i felt simply by holding his hand... They will all remain memories from the very moment i kissed him goodbye... And it is only now that i can feel that he is really gone.

It's sad, how most magical feelings of love and happiness will eventually diminish within some sort of expiry date. Sometimes, when there is nothing we can do to stop it, we just have to let it go and move on, but definitely never forget. And it happens to be one of the greatest beauties in life.


Anyway, moving off that emotional subject, I have recently also been contemplating the state of my job, and what other options I have.

Lately, I've been mostly just lazing about, and feeling pretty withdrawn. Withdrawn from working, withdrawn from seeing people from school, withdrawn from my usual routine, and clinging onto this new lazy behavior i have become so accustom to. But i guess this is only the start, and summer holidays is mostly about giving you your yearly break. It is there to let you unwind slightly, just enough to ensure you will come back fresher than ever.

I've been thinking lately, and I have been trying as hard as i can to picture this year of 2010, and what is in store for me this year...
Well, I will be commencing year 11 at the beginning of February. I will also be starting my VCE courses and become concentrated and committed, therefore transforming me into a busy girl once again.

This time i will be focusing more on my future (after school) and ways to make it happen, fast.
I am really looking into some sort of way of somehow breaking into the film industry and gaining awareness. I am not so fond of the stereotypically hard way, i.e. Working working working hard to receive pay and eventually saving up for my future. I mean sure, it's going to cost a lot and be a pretty difficult road to venture up, but i believe that if you are smart enough, determined enough and CREATIVE enough, there is likely to be someone out there willing to give you a chance and them a motive. This is something i am determined to find. Something that will create a breakthrough for me, and something that i dream about.

That's probably the main thing i am aiming for this year (My new years resolution?), and not such an easy one at that, seeing as it is not 100% specific, but that doesn't eliminate any part of my determination to achieve it.

As for everything else, of course there will be... challenges, possible romances or temporary infatuations, great friendships, great competitors, funny situations, changes, losses and gains.
Boy am i excited :)
Maybe that's a good reason to laze about for now, experience the freedom while I've got it and prepare myself for another amazing year to come.


2010, it's just the beginning.
;)

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your friend leaving.
    It sucks when you're just about to feel really close and comfortable with someone and then all of a sudden they leave...for whatever reason.
    Letting go is most certainly a beautiful gift to possess.

    Hope you have a wonderful 2010, girl. :)
    xoxoskg

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the follow:) love your blog.
    the pictures on here are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey thanks for following .. you are my 101st follower. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have been tagged!! check my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about your friend leaving but I hope you have a great 2010!

    Kate x
    http://search-for-the-perfect10.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete